Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Excuse me while I step out of the 16th centruy...

Although I have nothing against my classmate Casey, I have to say I STRONGLY disagree with this position on same-sex marriage. In Casey's post, Same-Sex Marriage I am a firm believer in the separation of church and state. If we lived our lives like the bible conducts, we would be stoning people to death, sacrificing animals and people at the alter, and literally thousands of other religious details that have NO place in the government. In EVERY MONOTHEISTIC RELIGIOUS BOOK, God tells us to love. Not who or how to love, just to love. There are instances where it is said in the bible that man shall not lay with another man, but research by a gay ex-catholic priest found at least 6 different parts of the bible where it IS okay.
The supreme court's job is to interpret the LAW, not the bible. The best part of this country that sets us aside from so many others is that we have religious freedom. If you want to disagree with same-sex marriage, that's more than okay. That is your right. But why should the constitution take away someone else's rights based on "what part they prefer."
So what is normal? Teaching our children that aren't heterosexual that all other people are bad and beneath us and don't deserve what we have? Who the hell are we to tell another person that their love is valid or not. Once again, I mean no disrespect to my classmate, but in reading this, I felt concerned. Quoted in his article, Casey says, "I wouldn't life for my kid to be around something like that because seeing it everywhere makes kids think its okay and normal and it's not." So let me ask you this, is hate normal? Is injustice something that you would rather teach your kids? We are all entitled to happiness. Just because you don't want to make out with another guy doesn't mean that all men should have to follow that rule. And it might be sexy to watch those girls make out at the club, but when it's time to talk about love and a life together, that's where we get concerned? I don't understand. I just don't.

No comments: